Back...to Bride-land

After a long, restful month at home, I am finally back to my other home in Greensboro. While my break at home has been wonderful, especially getting to see my family, I must say that I am thrilled to be back! It is wonderful to see all my dear friends after so long apart. I don't think I've been alone for a single minute since returning Friday night, which has actually been pretty delightful, even for an introvert like me.

Since my return, one word has filled most of our waking hours: wedding, wedding, wedding! Since four of my best friends (two brides, two grooms) are all getting married in just a few short months, wedding planning has become the favorite activity around here. On Saturday, I went wedding dress shopping for the first time as a friend of the bride-to-be, and let me tell you, bridal stores are bizzare places. We walked in and there was a whole wall lined with mirrors, all reflecting multiple women parading around in a variety fo wedding dresses, viewing themselves with a mixture of skepticism and admiration as their family members and friends surrounded them with loud commentary on the dress in question. After looking through racks of dresses for a while, it was fun to just sit down and watch people try on dress after dress, while my friends and I whispered our opinions of how each one looked (there are some brides with seriously bad taste out there, seriously).

I have a feeling this semester will be filled with many more discussions of dresses, tuxes, flowers, invitations, dancing, music, etc.....the next few months will be quite interesting....and exciting.

In other news, my house is the North Pole right now. Brrr....

1 Response to "Back...to Bride-land"

  1. Emerly Sue Says:

    Oh bride-land. There really are some redonkulous wedding dresses out there.