Spring Break (3): family and friends

I spent the rest of my week home in the mountains with my family. There's nothing quite like driving back into clean, fresh mountain air and suddenly being surrounded by natural beauty everywhere you look. It was wonderful to be with my family (have I mentioned they are the best in the world?) and really sad to leave them Friday morning.

On Saturday, me and a few of my friends drove to Roxboro to spend some quality time with our friends Andrew and Katherine. That's the bummer about college....before you know what happened, your friends are married, buying a house have a baby. After visiting the Youth For Christ facility where Andrew and Katherine work, we crowded into their tiny little home for a great night of games, music, and great conversation until the wee hours of the morning. We slept in late and woke up to the biggest, most delicous brunch I've ever consumed. It was a wonderful weekend, thanks to some very gracious hospitality and amazing friends.

And now.....back to school, back to routine. One of my friends who is student teaching asked me if it was hard to go back to "real life" after this week. I had to stop and think for a minute, because I realized just how much spring break didn't feel like a vacation. It felt like "real life." Doing things I enjoy, reading books I've wanted to read for months, spending time with my family, enjoying the laughter and conversation of my friends....it all felt so much more real than the day to day grind of classes and homework.

On a final note, I recieved an email today telling me I AM ACCEPTED TO STUDY ABROAD AT UNIVERSITY OF STRATHCLYDE. I'll be picking classes and applying directly to the school this weekend. Glasgow, Scotland here I come!
.............................................................

currently listening to: the new U2 album, which is great if you happen to like U2 (I used to think everyone did, but I have recently been informed that I was sadly mistaken). Also, I can't seem to get enough of "Mostly Prove Me Wrong," by Fiction Family.

1 Response to "Spring Break (3): family and friends"

  1. Trish T. Says:

    Watch out Scotland - here she comes!!!