Three down, one to go

Monday, May 4, 2009 6:16 PM Posted by Kristi
I haven't written in a while, mostly because I had three performances this past weekend. It went marvelously and I had tons of fun dancing for/with some of my best friends.

I finished all my classes today. I have some papers due and an exam left to take, but I'm essentially done. I had this strange sensation today--feeling a little sad that my classes were done. I've enjoyed some really good classes this semester, and while I won't miss the work, I will miss the content. I've analyzed the heck out of every single one of the Canterbury Tales (and surprisingly, discovered that I really liked Chaucer), savored every moment of discussing seventeenth century literature with my favorite English professor, danced to the live accompaniment of some of the best drummers in town in my African class, and busted a few limbs while exploring Contact Improvisation. It's been good.

People keep asking me if I'm graduating. In the past week, I know I've been asked at least ten times. Every time I have to stop myself from answering "yes," because it's always on the tip of my tongue. Maybe it's because I'm not coming back for the fall semester, or maybe it's because every single person I know here is graduating now....but it's just hard to imagine I have another year left. I feel like a train is leaving the station and I'm standing on the platform waving goodbye. I'm not sure I want to be on that train, but it sure feels strange that I'm not.
................................
currently watching: 24

2 Response to "Three down, one to go"

  1. Megan Says:

    yaay!!! I just want to pick your brain about all things Prague!! And I would love to meet the people you worked with over there! I'm SO SO SO excited!!!!

  2. Emerly Sue Says:

    It will happen soon, my friend. Sooner than you know. I love you lots. You are a precious, precious woman of God.