a glimpse of next year

I sat on my couch most of the day, listening to jazz, sipping coffee, and reading a diverse assortment of books I picked up at the library this morning. It was nice, but oddly unsettling.

It feels strange not being in class, not being back at school, when I know all my fellow college students were all there listening to lectures and taking notes today. I drove through Appalachian State's campus today and felt oddly separated from all the students I saw walking to class through the rainy fog. I realized that this is how it will always feel in eight short months when I have actually graduated and my life is not governed by classes times and paper deadlines and I can no longer claim the college student identity as my own and I have to make decisions about where to go next in life. All my friends have already reached that stage, so in a way it feels extremely natural, like an exciting sense of freedom and possibility....

....but sometimes it's slightly terrifying.


{Editorial Note: I was informed that I incorrectly used the word "further" in my last post when the correct choice would have been "farther." I have been made aware that this is an unforgivable oversight for an English major, so I apologize profusely to all who care about such linguistic errors.}

2 Response to "a glimpse of next year"

  1. Emerly Sue Says:

    Hi! If you go on itunes, you can subscribe to CAC podcast and that's Tim Keller's church. They're great, so I recommend them. Don't stop updating your blog. I want to hear about your travels!

  2. Kristi Says:

    yay, thanks! i can always use some new keller. and i will update as much as possible...thanks for reading!