The Joy of Cooking

Mmm, just look at these scrumptious Coffee Cake Muffins. I made these tonight in a recent kick to do more cooking from scratch-- thus far its been quite successful and satisfying. I also cooked a delicious Eggplant Parmesan for lunch today, which was going remarkably well until I smelled burnt paper and realized the corner of my cookbook was stuck and burning under a molten-hot frying pan. I guess all novice cooks are required to have some major kitchen disasters on the path to culinary mastery!

Another great joy of my week involved cooking.....cooking an amazing dinner with a dear girl friend who I haven't spent time with in over a year and a half. The best sort of friends are those which can jump back in right where they left off after months or even years apart, despite all the changes and growth and experience the two of you might have been through since you last met. I am so thankful that God is so gracious and good to grow those roots of friendship deep- across time, distance, huge life changes....and that He is constantly making all things new.
.....................................................................................

p.s. my roommate just alerted me to my new favorite food blog: http://smittenkitchen.com/
Beautiful and mouthwatering, check it out.


1 Response to "The Joy of Cooking"

  1. Emerly Sue Says:

    Chelsea told me about you burning your cookbook. She thought it was pretty funny. (: