An Homage to Coffee

Monday, July 19, 2010 7:48 PM Posted by Kristi
I saw a Today Show clip this afternoon about the dangers of giving your children coffee, involving paranoid parents and nutritionists. They primarily focused on the horrors of extra sugars and fat in fancy coffee drinks, because "no child is going to drink black coffee." Ridiculous, I say.

Fact: I started drinking black coffee when I was five. It is a delicious nectar of delight that has enriched my life and brought joy to my days. I drink it in the morning when I wake up and in the late hours of the night before falling asleep (though I have cut back to only two or three cups a day). Contrary to the popular urban myths, coffee never stunted my growth in the slightest. I also contend that drinking coffee before/during classes always sharpened and enhanced my academic performance in high school and college. The smell of coffee makes me feel warm and happy inside, and my first sip of the tasty brew never fails to thrill me. A good cup of coffee can bring friends together or provide comfort on a solitary day. It is nostalgia, artistry, and passion inside a mug.

Forget the milk, sugar, syrups, and whipped cream.....give me a strong, dark, intense cup of rich black coffee any day. Simple, classic, and delectable.

1 Response to "An Homage to Coffee"

  1. Emerly Sue Says:

    This post reminded me of this:

    FACT: Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.