Sunshine, finally

I learned tonight that one of my hidden talents is sculpting animals out of Play-Dough. Who knew? The things babysitting can teach you...

It's been a nice, relaxing weekend. After taking a leisurely afternoon walk around the neighborhood to enjoy the suddenly warm weather, Friday night was spent with my friends Rachel and Lauren. We ventured downtown to an awesome little cheesecake cafe (I got the Kahlua Espresso flavor, Lauren got pure Chocolate, and Rachel got Strawberry Truffle). It was delicious, but I must say I was jealous of the abundant presence of chocolate in my friends' slices. What is dessert without chocolate, really?

Waking up on Saturday was amazing, 1st: because I slept in until 11:00, and 2nd: because it felt like summer! We cooked a huge breakfast of scrambled eggs and pancakes and opened up our windows to let the sunlight stream in all day. Sunday was even more gorgeous....I really think if heaven had a temperature, it would feel much like today. My friends and I had a beautiful picnic out in the park after church, and after my delicious Panera chicken sandwich, I was very tempted to just sleep out the sun all day. My entire mood changes so much when it's warm and sunny outside. It makes me feel so fresh and alive and joyful. If only the weather would last....I have this sinking feeling I'll be shivering again in no time.

Emily J and I tackled the daunting challenge of teaching an overflowing Pre-K Sunday School class today, and it was pure chaos. We teach in this tiny little room that was totally packed past its limit today....and to help the craziness, our curriculum gave us a parable to teach that was definitely not the sort of story you want to try to explain to four and five year olds. What started out as a lesson on forgiveness devolved into some wild storytelling, as the kids tried to top one another with tales of their own “forgiveness” experiences (the horrors wrought upon them by their malicious siblings, of course). Two boys decided it would be fun to run around saying the word “naked” over and over again, and then one of them busted his lip. Oh, such fun times.
.....................................................................
As I write this, I'm watching Coldplay perform at the Grammy awards....which was so lovely until Jay-Z suddenly started duetting with Chris Martin. Just let Chris do his thing on the piano, seriously. Okay, this is better, now the whole band is jamming on Viva La Vida, except Chris keeps doing this goofy, awkward dance around the stage...do yourself a favor and stick to the singing, man.
Oh, and they just won two awards....booyah!

1 Response to "Sunshine, finally"

  1. Emerly Sue Says:

    You forgot to mention that after we instructed them not to say naked, then Greg said it over and over in church. Oh the irony. haha.