A few good reasons to babysit

Saturday, May 8, 2010 9:21 AM Posted by Kristi
1. Playing in the park on a sunny day is the best fun you can have. Especially wading in a creek with a 3 year old who loves to throw rocks.

2. Dress up! Who couldn't love dress up? The boys put on their fireman and Power Ranger costumes (cutest things I've ever seen) and told me they had to protect me (I was the Princess, naturally) with their fire-fighting and karate skills. They also made me a gun out of Legos and told me that would protect me if they couldn't be around.

3. Making funny faces in the mirror to get distracted little boys to brush their teeth.

4. Reading bedtime stories and saying bedtime prayers.

5. Building Legos, making LiteBrite patterns, shooting laser guns, lightsaber battles, playing soccer....need I say more?

6. When I asked the 5 year old what he would be when he grew up, he replied, "A dolphin trainer." After a thoughtful pause, his little brother cheerfully answered, "I will be a crab someday." I wanted to explain that changing species probably wouldn't happen, but I decided to let him dream.

1 Response to "A few good reasons to babysit"

  1. Emerly Sue Says:

    Crabs are pretty cool...